10 Things to Know Today: November 30
Lansdale Borough kicks off the Christmas season tonight at 6 with the lighting of the Christmas tree at Railroad Plaza
1. President Barack Obama visits Hatfield Township today, where he will tour The Rodon Group on Sterling Drive and remark on the fiscal cliff affecting the United States. Obama is expected to be in the area between 8 a.m. and noon. Citizens for Liberty, Philadelphia Tea Party Patriots, and the Valley Forge Patriots will protest at the event.
2. Lansdale Borough kicks off the Christmas season tonight at 6 with the lighting of the Christmas tree at Railroad Plaza. Santa Claus will be there. The Santa House will be open for children to visit Santa.
3. Lansdale Business Association’s Holiday Christmas Tree Display will be open at 311 W. Main Street from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. It reopens every Thursday and Friday at the same time, as well as every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It ends Dec. 22.
4. North Penn Arts Alliance holds its 25th Anniversary Dinner at Sumney Restaurant in Upper Gwynedd. Tickets are $25 per person and can be reserved at 215-393-9110.
5. Voices of Gwynedd presents its annual Carol Nights “Christmas Memories” event at 7:30 p.m. at the college at 1325 Sumneytown Pike, Ambler.
6. Live music by DJ Bebop tonight at 8 at Round Guys Brewing Company, 324 W. Main St., Lansdale.
7. Central Schwenkfelder Church holds a unique jewelry and gift sale to benefit “Women At Risk International” from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Central Community Center, 2067 Steelman Road, Lansdale (Worcester Township). Tonight’s event features a speaker sharing her personal story about Women At Risk.
8. Watch the 26-minute “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” at 6:30 p.m. for free at Lansdale Library.
9. Pearl S. Buck International, 520 Dublin Road, Perkasie, holds a Hurricane Sandy clean-up day today. Volunteers needed and should call David Hartzell at 215-249-0100, ext. 154.
10. Legendary roots rocker Chris Smither plays at 8 p.m. at Sellersville Theater. Tickets are $29.50 and $45.