- There are 1,742 people registered to run tonight.
- 1-Mile Fun Run and Walk begins at 6:30 p.m. The 5K Race for Open Space starts at 7 p.m.
- No parking allowed on Third Street next to Tex Mex. Parking for late-comers is available at Merck’s Upper Gwynedd site from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., North Wales Road will be closed and detoured between Whitehall Way and Morris Road for road construction. North Wales Road through-traffic will be detoured over Route 73, Bethel Road and Morris Road.
Route 202 between Sumneytown Pike and Route 309/Bethlehem Pike has delays. Route 63 between Stump Road and Bell Run Boulevard in Montgomery Township has delays
- No wheeled strollers or dogs allowed.
- The top eight runners are timed on gun time. All other runners are timed on chip time.
- Runner bib numbers are posted on the Lin-Mark website. Check your bib number prior to the race.
- Do not bend your bib number as the the chip number is on the back.
- Keep your bib number: it is your meal and drink ticket after the race.
- Pick up bibs between 11 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. today.
- All alcohol must stay on Tex Mex’s parking lot or in the bar.
- Do not bring bottled water. Tex Mex will provide bottled water.
- Become a member of the Wissahickon Valley Watershed Assocation at the race for $45 and get a $10 gift certifcate to North Wales Running Company.
Here is the race map.
The race starts at E. Montgomery Avenue and S. Third Street. Runners race up E. Montgomery Avenue to S. 8th Street. Racers take a right on S. 8th Street to a left on Spruce Street. Left on S. 9th Street to right on E. Montgomery Avenue.
Racers take a right on S. 10th Street to a right on E. Prospect Avenue. Racers turn right on S. 5th Street, left on Summit Street and left on S. 4th Street.
The route goes right on E. Prospect Avenue to S. 2nd Street. Racers turn right on Church Street, left on S. 6th Street and left on E. Montgomery Avenue, ending at Tex Mex.