Can Autism 'Go Away' ?
A recent study has prompted debate by suggesting that some adults who were diagnosed with autism as children can "grow out" of the disorder.
- January 21, 2013
Autism spectrum disorder is viewed as a life-long condition, but a recent study has suggested that some children who are diagnosed with autism may no longer merit that diagnosis as adults.
Since the study was released, however, debate has broken out over whether these grown-ups have truly overcome their autism condition or whether they have merely learned to compensate for it.
Watch the video to learn more.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Lansdale Woman Charged With Homicide by Vehicle in Hatfield Hit-and-Run Death
- Man Encounters Drunk, Bloody Intruder Named 'Bill' in His Towamencin Home
- Update: No Theft Charges for Alleged Condiment Crook
- Cops: Lansdale Man Fires Gun at Party, Bullet Hits Neighbor's Door
- Missing Skippack Man Found Unharmed