Leunes Family Restaurant LLC, the owner of Dirty Jerzee's Sports Bar and Grill and Clubhouse Too on Sumneytown Pike in Upper Gwynedd, was cited by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board for five violations on three occasions between May 2011 and January 2012.
It is reported by readers of Montgomeryville-Lansdale Patch that the restaurant and bar has been closed since May.
According to a press release from the Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement's Allentown office, the business violated the Pennsylvania Liquor Law, the Clean Indoor Air Act and Liquor Control Board regulations.
- Smoked and/or permitted smoking in a public place where smoking is prohibited on Nov. 2, 2011; Dec. 17, 2011 and Dec. 31, 2011. Violation of PA Liquor Code Section 471 and Clean Indoor Air Act Section 637.6(a)(2).
- Failed to post signage as required by the Clean Indoor Air Act on Nov. 2, 2011; Dec. 17, 2011 and Dec. 31, 2011. Violation of PA Liquor Code Section 471 and Clean Indoor Air Act Section 637.6(a)(1).
- Used, or permitted to be used on the inside of its licensed premises, a loudspeaker or similar device whereby the sound of music or other entertainment, or the advertisement thereof, could be heard beyond the licensee's property line on Dec. 17, 2011. Violation of PA Liquor COde Section 493(34).
- Sold and/or served an unlimited or indefinite amount of alcoholic beverages for a fixed price, in that unlimited domestic draft beers and well liquor druinks were served for the set price of $30 on Dec. 31, 2011. Violation of LCB Regulations Section 404.
- Licensed corporation was not the only one pecuniarily interested in the operation of the licensed business from May 6, 2011 through Jan. 31, 2012. Violation of PA Liquor Code Section 404.
The violations were reported to the media June 8.
According to the release, the violations will be brought before an Administrative Law Judge, who can impose penalties from $50 to $1,000 for minor offenses, and up to $5,000 for serious offenses.
According to information on the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board website, Leunes Family Restaurant LLC has been fined by the LCB three times since November 2009, totaling $1,550 in fines.