Five Things to Know in Lansdale: April 17
Happy Tax Day everyone
1. Tax Day is here. All federal, state and local taxes must be postmarked by today.
2. North Montco Technical Career Center 11th-graders will participate in a teen summit at the school focused on the prevention of underage drinking and driving at 12:30 p.m. The summit is hosted by the county health department and the Delaware Valley Corvette Club.
3. The Reporter Newspaper hosts “Blogging for Your Business,” a PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce event, from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Attendees need to bring a laptop.
4. The American Association of University Women-Lansdale hosts “Leading With Yes: 7 Essential Steps Guaranteed to Create Positive Change” with Maria van Hekken at 8 p.m. at the North Penn Educational Service Center. Van Hekken is founder and president of Yes 2 Yes. She will hold a workshop on skills designed for your career, organizations and personal life.
5. Knapp Elementary and North Wales Elementary hold a Parent Twitter Townhall from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Knapp Instructional Media Center. Knapp Elementary School Principal Joe Mazza and North Wales Elementary School Principal Joe Covone will present in partnership with other staff members and parents. Parents/guardians are encouraged to bring their mobile phones, but laptops will be provided for this session as well. Twitter is 100 percent free so it is recommended for attendees to sign up for an account prior to the session.