Five Things to Know in Lansdale: April 22
Happy Earth Day - Take Two
1. We were incorrect in reporting that yesterday was Earth Day. On that note – Happy Earth Day everybody! Here’s something radical we did around last year’s Earth Day in Plymouth Meeting. Have you gotten your mulch and chips?
2. Trinity Lutheran Church has its Trinity Church Earth Day today from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Penndale ENACT Club members will be giving out 500 free energy-efficient light bulbs and giving out advice on energy conservation.
3. Don’t call it “Babes on Bikes”; it’s Girls with Gears, and it’s at Spring Mountain today at 7:15 a.m. This is the seventh annual cycling event for CAROL For Heart, hosted by Bikesport in Lower Salford. Ride 10, 25, 40, or 62 miles. All welcome.
4. A benefit for Brookline Labrador Retriever Rescue comes in the form of a Longaberger Basket Bingo today at noon at the Tylersport Firehouse, 125 Ridge Road, Tylersport, Salford Township.
Pay $25 at the door. Get 20 regular games and a chance at door prizes. Buy tickets at www.BrooklineLabRescue.org.
Those prizes come in a retired Longaberger basket.
5. Baloo had it right – all you need are the Bear Necessities. The Bel Canto Children’s Chorus will sing all about it today for free at 4 at the Community Music School, 775 W. Main St., Trappe. The Preppermediate Choir presents a program with “Jabberwocky,” “Animal Verses,” “Kookaburra” and “Tiger.” Want your kid to audition? Talk to director Kirsten Olson after the show.