Five Things to Know Today
It's Monday—and a drab one at that considering today's weather forecast. However, there's still some interesting things going on today to keep you happy.
- Are you a regular Ansel Adams or Annie Leibovitz? The Lansdale Camera Club meets tonight at 7 p.m. at Lansdale Library, 301 Vine St., Lansdale. Say cheese!
- Montgomery County Community College holds its Spring Arts Celebration this week featuring an annual Art Student Exhibition.
- North Penn School District Safe Schools Task Force Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. at the Educational Services Center. The committee comprises school officials, educators, administrators and law enforcement officers, and it develops ways to prevent drug and alcohol abuse among students.
- Montgomery Elementary School and York Avenue Elementary School are practicing TV Turn Off Week. Students are asked to turn off TV and computer screens three to five days this week.
- Today’s weather forecast hints at keeping your umbrella close by. NOAA predicts a 30 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. today. Expect a mostly cloudy sky with a high near 63. Winds will clock in at 9 mph. Tonight, there is a 40 percent chance of rain. Skies will remain cloudy with the temperature dropping to 49.