Five Things to Know Today
The weekend's here. Check out five things going on locally today.
1. Bridle Path Elementary and Montgomery Elementary Orchestra and the North Wales Select Choir perform today at the Adjudication Festival at Kutztown University.
2. Towamencin Day runs from noon to 4 p.m. at Fischer’s Park, 2235 Bustard Road, Towamencin. Thre will be food, vendors and displays from local fire and police departments. Children can get their faces painted for free. The Montgomery County Concert Band will perform. A gazebo will be opened in honor of the late Dr. Thomas Hollenbeck.
3. Lansdale Parks and Recreation holds its Bike Safety Workshop today from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Whites Road Park. There will be free bicycle helmets for children, as well as bicycle safety literature and a skills development course. Inspections will be done by Pedaller Bike Shop.
4. Silverbox, 701 Cross Road, Collegeville, holds its sixth-annual Mother’s Day photo session from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For $130, you get a 20-minute session, and it includes a CD of low-resolution images from the entire session, which can be used for online sharing or for digital photo frames. Great Strides Cystic Fibrosis Walk is a beneficiary from the event.
5. There's a rain date for the bike safety event, but it looks like they won't need it. Today's weather will hit a high of 68 with a 20 percent chance of rain. Tonight, expect partly cloudy skies and a low of 50.