Five Things to Know Today
A military exhibit and scrap metal recycling are two featured events today
1. An appliance and scrap metal drive sponsored by Perkasie Fire Company takes place from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Schoeller’s Inc., 419 S. Fifth Street, Perkasie. Any appliances with refrigerants, like refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers, will be accepted for a $30 donation to remove the chemicals.
2. Tabor United Methodist Church, 2209 Hendricks Station Road, Harleysville, is holding a free community day fro 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Featured are games, prizes, hayrides, moon bounce, puppet show, face painting and bingo.
3. Eat some breakfast while learning about mindful eating today. Arnold’s Way Organic Raw Food Café, 319 W. Main St., Lansdale, holds a free breakfast and lecture from 8:15 a.m. to 10 a.m. Some topics include seven stages of disease, superiority of raw food and food combining.
4. A special military exhibit opens today at Morgan Log House, 850 Weikel Road, Towamencin (Lansdale) from noon to 4 p.m. The exhibit will feature collections of 18th, 19th and 20th-century campaigns and the clothing, weapons, equipment and music used over the course of 250 years.
5. Waking up to a beautiful 62 degrees isn’t bad. The temperature will rise to 82 with a 30 percent chance of isolated thunderstorms. Tonight we will be at a comfortable 65 with mostly cloudy skies.