Five Things to Know Today: April 30
Get your immunizations for your children done today
1. Lansdale Borough staff and council members will meet with residents affected by the Fourth Street road repairs between Broad Street and Walnut Street at 7:30 p.m. at Lansdale United Methodist Church. If you are affected by this, come out and get answers to your questions about the project.
2. Today is the deadline to get children up to date with school immunizations. Visit www.health.montcopa.org for more details.
3. Gwynedd Square Elementary’s Community Outreach Committee is partnering with the student council and a Junior Girl Scout troop this week to collect donated toiletries, baby items, and gift cards for massage and yoga classes and assemble them into reusable gift bags for women involved in the domestic violence program at Community Housing Services.
4. There will be off-peak travel restrictions beginning this week:
- Slowdowns will occur on Route 202 between Swedesford Road and Route 63 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. for road widening.
- Slowdowns will occur on Route 63 between Stump Road and North Wales Road from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for road widening
- Intermittent lane closures will occur on Route 152 between Stump Road and Route 202
- The Intelligent Transportation System components for the new Parkway will be installed this week, resulting in lane and shoulder closures. Route 202 will have lane closures during the morning and afternoon between Route 309 and Route 611.
5. Construction begins today on the Route 73-Washington Lane Bridge over SEPTA tracks in Jenkintown. Expect short-term lane closures eastbound Route 73 between Church Road and Township Line Road from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Construction will take eight weeks, according to PennDOT. Crews are repairing the bridge expansion dams on the bridge.