Five Things to Know Today: April 9
Make a survival strap today at Lansdale Library
1. Don’t forget about Tuesday night’s 311 W. Main Task Force meeting at the Lansdale Parks and Recreation building at 7 p.m. Citizens should attend to voice their desires and opinions on what should be in the former performing arts center. New task force consultant AMS Planning and Research will be running the meeting.
2. Montgomery County Community College’s Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence Dr. Jiaxi Xu will present a lecture “Culture in Ancient China” from 12:15 p.m. to 1:10 p.m. at the college’s Advanced Technology Center, Room 110, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell. The lecture is free to the public.
3. Make your own survival strap today at Lansdale Library at either 10:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. Learn how to make a survival wristband using parachute cord. Cost is $3 for supplies.
4. A men’s book discussion is at 7 p.m. at Lansdale Library. This month’s selection is “Unbroken” by Laura Hillenbrand.
5. Expect traffic delays today on Route 202 between Swedesford Road and Route 63 in Upper Gwynedd, Lower Gwynedd and Montgomery Townships from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Crews will be moving traffic onto the newly-constructed pavement. The old pavement will begin to be removed and rebuilt on Tuesday.
There will also be periodic lane closures beginning today on Route 63 between Stump Road and North Wales Road for ongoing road widening and curb and sidewalk construction.