Five Things to Know Today: Autism Resource Fair, Lit-Fest and More
The third annual Autism Resource Fair, by the Montgomery County Autism Network, comes to Penndale Middle School from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
1. The third annual Autism Resource Fair, by the Montgomery County Autism Network, comes to Penndale Middle School from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Interested persons are invited to meet vendors in advocacy, behavioral health, community resources, camps, social skills groups and more.
2. More than 300 North Penn High School students in the 11th grade Honors English class will take part in Lit-Fest today from 12:56 p.m. to 2:22 p.m. in the auditorium. The appreciation of classic literary works will feature several segments: A gallery of artistic renderings of classic works; a dramatic reading competition; and a Knowledge Bowl competition. The event is funded by the North Penn Eduational Foundation.
3. Staybridge Suites holds a grand opening from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at its location at 119 Garden Golf Blvd., Montgomery Township. There will be appetizers, dessert, beer, wine, raffles and tours.
4. A grief recovery program holds its first meeting at 2 p.m. at Lansdale Library.
5. Montgomery County Community College presents the Young Arts Explorers and their performance of “As You Like It” at 10:30 a.m. at the Blue Bell campus.