Five Things to Know Today: June 17
Happy Father's Day to all our dads out there
1. Tabora Farms, opening in Lansdale this summer on West Main Street, sponsors a free concert and community event at 4 p.m. in Railroad Plaza. Music from Erin Lee Kelly and Hilltown. Fingerprints for children, door prizes, free samples.
2. There is a pie eating contest for dads at 6:30 p.m. at Railroad Plaza in Lansdale.
3. Is dad a history nut? Take him to the free Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association’s Father’s Day Open House at Evans-Mumbower Mill in Lower Gwynedd from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The mill is at Swedesford and Township Line roads in Upper Gwynedd. Parking is available in the surrounding neighborhood.
4. The Amici Opera presents Herold’s Zampa at 4 p.m. at Holmesburg United Methodist Church in Philadelphia. Tickets are $25.
5. Dave, Duane & Neil – The Original Couriers – perform at 6:30 p.m. at Family Worship Center in Towamencin.