Five Things to Know Today: March 8
Two spring musicals premiere tonight in North Penn School District
1. Today is the last day to submit entries by 2 p.m. for the 25th annual Fiction and Poetry Contest through The Writers’ Club at Montgomery County Community College. Entries should be submitted to Associate Professor Patricia Nestler, Parkhouse Hall Room 458, Montgomery County Community College, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell.
2. Pennbrook Middle School presents its spring musical “Status Update” tonight at 7:30 p.m. The original play was written by a team of Pennbrook staff members and former students to celebrate 15 years of original musical theatre.
3. Penndale Middle School presents its spring musical “13” at 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium. The musical is about a 12-year-old New Yorker named Evan Goldman who learns how difficult it is to turn 13, especially since his parents are getting divorced and he is under pressure to have the best Bar Mitzvah imaginable. Tickets are $8.
4. North Penn School District’s fifth-grade March Madness basketball tournament continues today with Walton Farm versus Inglewood, and Knapp versus A.M. Kulp. The purpose of the tournament is to foster school spirit, teamwork and sportsmanship through fun-filled and exciting games.
5. Gwynedd Square Elementary School holds its annual Museum Night from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sixth-grade gifted resource students will present their independent research projects during the evening.