Five Things to Know Today: May 11
Check out the Ladies Night Out Fun(d)raiser tonight in Montgomeryville
1. Today is the deadline for students to receive proper vaccines as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Students must obtain a second dose of mumps and chicken pox vaccine. Seventh graders must be immunized for meningitis, tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis. Students without proper vaccination cannot attend school on Monday, May 14.
2. Portolese Family Chiropractic hosts a Ladies Night Out Fun(d)raiser from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. to benefit the American Cancer Society through North Penn Relay for Life. The event is at The Rodeway Inn, 969 Bethlehem Pike, Montgomeryville. Cost is $10 in advance and $15 day of the event.
3. Lansdale Library shows “War Horse” (PG-13, 146 min.) tonight at 6:30 p.m. as part of its Friday Evening Movies.
4. Knapp Elementary School third grade classes will have their final distance learning assembly today from 10:40 a.m. to 11:40 a.m. with the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
5. Gwynedd Square Elementary School students hold a flower sale today in honor of Mother’s Day, with proceeds benefitting Community Housing Services. Students can purchase a carnation for $1 for their mother, grandmother, aunt or other significant female. The flowers are donated by Flowers Are … A Sure Bet, owned by Gwynedd Square parent Stephanie Graff.