Five Things to Know Today: May 14
St. Stanislaus and St. Rose of Lima hold a community day for students set to be classmates under Mater Dei Catholic School
1. St. Stanislaus and St. Rose of Lima parish schools – soon to become Mater Dei Catholic School – will hold a community day today for seventh and eighth-graders at 1:15 p.m. Children will come together to meet new friends, share a snack and participate in preparing “snack bags” for children who eat at soup kitchens.
2. Towamencin Township Open Space and Park Advisory Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Towamencin administration building.
3. A men’s book discussion meets at 7 p.m. at Lansdale Library. This month’s selection is “The Lost Majority” by Sean Trende.
4. The Bel Canto Children’s Chorus holds open auditions today at 6:30 p.m. for singers between grades two and 12 at Community Bible Fellowship Church in Red Hill. Schedule an audition at email@example.com or 215-541-4242.
5. Expect periodic lane closures at intersections along Route 202 and Route 309 this week from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for new traffic signal installation:
- Route 309 between Five Points and Route 63 in Lower Gwynedd
- Route 202 between Five Points and Route 611 in New Britain and Doylestown
There will be slowdowns on Route 202 between Swedesford Road and Route 63, and on Route 63 between Stump Road and North Wales Road this week for road widening.