Five Things to Know Today: Nov. 9
Lansdale Democrats swept the election last night, and today, there's a nationwide Emergency Alert System. But don't panic.
1. Don’t forget: a Nationwide Emergency Alert System test will take place today at 2 p.m. on TV and the radio. The test will last 30 seconds and it is not an emergency. It is sponsored by FEMA and the FCC. DO NOT CALL 9-1-1.
2. PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce holds a free Fall Multi-Chamber Business Card Exchange at Lansdale School of Business, 29 Wissahickon Ave., Upper Gwynedd, tonight at 5 p.m. The mixer will feature the Hatfield Chamber, Indian Valley Chamber and Phoenixville Chamber.
3. The Lansdale Business Association holds a meeting at 8 a.m. at Lansdale Borough Hall. The meeting will discuss feedback on social media, an update on the Holiday Tree Festival, the annual Pancake Breakfast and Mardi Gras Parade, Community Housing Services’ Adopt a Family and a business profile update.
4. Gov. Tom Corbett will sign State Bill 314 at 10 a.m., which will ban texting while driving on Pennsylvania roads.
5. Harleysville EMS will promote officers at a 7 p.m. ceremony at the Harleysville Area EMS station, 211 Ruth Road, Lower Salford.