Five Things to Know Today: Oct. 22
Saturday is chock full of events. Check out our event calendar too.
1. The Pennsylvania Women’s Press Association southeast district meets today at 1 p.m. at Bones Grille, 1650 Sumneytown Pike in Towamencin and will feature the topic “Finding story ideas in unusual places.” The guest speaker is Ron Devlin, reporter for The Reading Eagle.
2. PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce holds a second annual Pet Health Fair, co-sponsored by BucksMont Indoor Sports Center, 2278 North Penn Road, Hatfield, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is also a pet masquerade for the spirit of Halloween. Pets must be in costume with the top three winners receiving prizes. Contest pet registration is $10.
3. Molly Maguire’s in Lansdale holds its second-annual “Molly O’Ween” Street Festival today. Cost is $10 and kids are free. Featured at the event is the Scotland-based band Albannach performing live along Celtic band The Hooligans from 11:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. Irish dancers will perform in between sets. There will be free face painting for kids, free pumpkin painting and a prize for Best Costume.
4. Today is the final day to donate to American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer program at the check out at A.C. Moore.
5. Grammy-nominated Senegalese musician Baaba Maal will bring “Tales from the Sahel” to Montgomery County Community College tonight at 8 in the Science Center Theater, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell. Tickets are $28 for general admission, $24 for seniors, $18 for students and $12 for children.