Five Things to Know Today: 'Que' Gaskins, PennSuburban's 100th and More
PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce celebrates its 100th anniversary tonight from 6 to 9 with a sold-out reception at Volpe Enterprises, 217 Church Road, Upper Gwynedd
1. Henry “Que” Gaskins, a marketing visionary who helped Reebok transform from a shoe company to a lifestyle brand, will be the keynote speaker at an assembly today at Pennbrook Middle School at 1:10 p.m. and at 2:05 p.m. The event culminates Black History Month.
2. PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce celebrates its 100th anniversary tonight from 6 to 9 with a sold-out reception at Volpe Enterprises, 217 Church Road, Upper Gwynedd. There is live music, silent auction, appetizers by Bay Pony Inn, Crystal Rose Catering, Manna on Main Street and Panera Bread, drinks, wine by Boyd’s Cardinal Hollow Winery, desserts by Whole Foods and more. The event is sponsored by Centennial Blueprint, Doylestown Hospital, Quakertown National Bank, and USI Affinity.
3. Tonight from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. is the dress rehearsal for Lansdale Catholic Dance Company’s 21st annual Dance Showcase titled “Colors in Motion.” The show runs March 1 to March 3.
4. Ben Taylor, with special guest Lily Mae, performs at 8 p.m. at Sellersville Theater. Tickets are $21.50 and $29.50.
5. Award-winning author Richard Conniff will speak at 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. in the Kaleidoscope Performing Arts Center’s Lenfest Theater.