Five Things to Know Today: Sept. 28
North Penn United Way's Days of Caring occurs throughout the North Penn area today
1. North Penn United Way’s Day of Caring takes place today throughout the community.
- A team from Lowes will be retuning the Harleysville Community Center to a new and updated state from 10 a.m. to noon.
- A team from Hatfield Quality Meats is creating a Born Learning Trail at the center, located at 435 Park Avenue, Harleysville.
- Encore Enterprises, 312 Alumni Avenue, Harleysville, will be the site of a team building an exercise room and library.
- Project HEARTH will be in Neshaminy Falls and Walnut Meadows in Montgomery Township doing yard clean-up for senior residents
- A team will conduct a food drive and casserole creation at Manna on Main Street, 500 W. Main St., Lansdale
- A team will be painting at the North Penn Boys and Girls Club, 16 Susquehanna Avenue, Lansdale
- A team will be painting at Northwestern Human Services, 400 N. Broad St., Lansdale
- A team will be painting at North Penn Visting Nurses Association, 51 Medical Campus Drive, Lansdale
- A team will clean and organize the exterior and interior of The PEAK Center, 315 W. Main St., Lansdale
2. North Penn School District resident Bruce McKelvy will ride into A.M. Kulp Elementary, 801 Cowpath Road, Hatfield, today at 2, after returning home after riding his motorcycle 23 days with the goal of reaching 48 states to raise money for The Compassion Corner at Branch Fellowship. Sixth-graders have been reading his daily blog in social studies and Skyped with him at Old Faithful and Hoover Dam. McKelvy will unpack his belongings in front of the students during the last day of his ride.
3. A PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce women’s network luncheon, sponsored by Seitz, Leatherman & Kolb, LLC, takes place today from 11:30 to 1:30 at Bay Pony Inn, 508 Old Skippack Pike, Lederach. Cost is $25 for members and $35 for non-members.
5. Memoir Writing Part Two takes place today at The PEAK Center, 315 W. Main St., Lansdale, at 1:30 p.m. Students from Memoir Writing Part One will use poetry, personal essays, music, literature and movies to examine and write about their lives.