Is Human Intelligence Declining?
A new study says human intelligence peaked about 20,000 years ago.
- November 18, 2012
Life is difficult for many of the 6.5 billion people on Earth, but for most of us, it's not as difficult as it used be. And that, a new study says, means that we're probably getting dumber.
The argument is that before human developed agriculture and other technologies that enabled us to practice settled lifestyles, only the brightest humans who could adapt to the daily vagaries of the hunter-gatherer lifestyle managed to survive.
Watch the video to learn more.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Man Encounters Drunk, Bloody Intruder Named 'Bill' in His Towamencin Home
- Update: No Theft Charges for Alleged Condiment Crook
- Lansdale Woman Charged With Homicide by Vehicle in Hatfield Hit-and-Run Death
- Missing Skippack Man Found Unharmed
- Cops: Lansdale Man Fires Gun at Party, Bullet Hits Neighbor's Door