Lansdale Police Arrest Montgomery Man for Alleged Pot Dealing
Shyeed Shaqu Tournkara aka 'Peanut', 20, of the 200 block of Cricklewood Circle, Montgomery Township, was arrested Feb. 1 on alleged marijuana dealing charges after a third undercover buy, police said
Lansdale Police have arrested a charged a Montgomery Township man on alleged marijuana dealing charges after a third controlled buy in the borough.
Shyeed Shaqu Tournkara, 20, of the 200 block of Cricklewood Circle, was arrested Feb. 1 and charged after a two-month investigation by investigators.
Tournkara faces the following offenses:
- Three felony counts of possession with intent to distribute a controlled substance
- Two felony counts of criminal use of a communication device (cell phone)
- Three misdemeanor counts of possession of a controlled substance
- Three misdemeanor counts of receipt in commerce of a controlled substance
- Three misdemeanor counts of possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia
- One misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana
Tournkara remains incarcerated at Montgomery County prison, after failing to post $50,000 cash bail set by District Judge Thomas Palladino of Pottstown at arraignment, police said.
A preliminary hearing is set for Feb. 26 at 11:30 a.m. before District Judge Harold Borek.
Between September and November 2012, Lansdale Police received numerous reports that a man named "Peanut" was allegedly selling marijuana in the North Penn region, police said.
"Peanut" was identified as Tournkara, police said.
Between December 2012 and January 2013, a detective in the Lansdale Street Crimes Unit allegedly made three undercover buys of marijuana from Tournkara, police said.
On Feb. 1, Tournkara was arrested on a traffic stop in Lansdale Borough after the third alleged undercover purchase, police said.
This is Tournkara's first criminal offense in Pennsylvania, according to court records.