Local Students Honored by Colleges
Several students from the area were recognized for high grades or accomplishments by their schools.
Quite a few local students have done well in college this past semester, according to the numerous press releases we receive at Patch! Here is a roundup of the most recent batch of honorees. Congratulations to all of them!
- Ewa Protasiuk was a recipient of the Dean's Award for academic excellence during the 2012 fall term at Colgate University, where Protasiuk is a member of the Class of 2015. Protasiuk is a graduate of Lansdale Catholic High School, in Lansdale, PA.
- Emily Malick of Lansdale, Pa., has been named to the dean's list at Paul Smith's College for the fall 2012 semester.
- Colleen Martin of Lansdale, PA, is on the Dean's List for the fall semester of 2012 at Ashland University. Martin is majoring in hospitality management and marketing. She is the daughter of Jonathan and Sandra Martin of Lansdale. Martin is a 2009 graduate of North Penn High School.
- DeSales University announced its recent graduates. Micah Beckstead of Lansdale, PA, graduated with a master's of science in physician assistant studies; John Bruhns of Lansdale, PA, graduated with a master's of arts in criminal justice in the criminal justice track; Christopher Calhoun of Lansdale, PA, graduated with a master's of arts in education in special education; Christina Hicks of Lansdale, PA, graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor's of arts in management; and Joseph Niezgoda of Lansdale, PA, graduated with a master's of business administration in in a self-designed track.
- Allison Hannigan, Emily Lipsi, Frederick Lubbe, Shannon Doerr, Heather Vorwerk, and Yelena Stroiteleva, all of Lansdale, PA, have been honored for academic achievement by being named to the fall 2012 Dean's List at Delaware Valley College.
- Christopher Damiano, a senior Operations Management major, Erin Flannigan, a freshman Occupational Therapy major, Ryan Saraceni, a junior Business Administration major and Rebecca Steinke, a junior Early and Primary Teacher Education major, all of Lansdale, have been named to the fall 2012 Dean's List at the University of Scranton.
- Dianna Milano of Lansdale, PA has been named to the dean's list at Quinnipiac University for the Fall 2012 semester.
- Cara Delmaestro of Lansdale was named to the dean's list for the fall 2012 semester at Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion, PA.
- Kiley Moesta of Lansdale is a January graduate of Lycoming College, Lycoming, PA. Moesta graduated with a Bachelor of Art degree in art.
- Jingru Huang of Lansdale was named to the Dean's List for the Fall 2012 semester at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
- Patricia Squicciarini of Lansdale, who is studying physics/mechanical engineering at Widener University in Chester, PA, was named to the Dean's List for the fall 2012 semester.
- Seth Brynien, Maura Carroll, Rebecca Ellis, Stephanie Espie, Meredith Fischer, Erin Fisher, Benjamin Greenberg, Brendan Hatfield, Heather Heacock, Lindsay Keech, Daniel Koeplinger, David Koeplinger, Kyle Kovalsky, Brian Kuntzmann, Ashley Liss, Katelyn Morse, Shawna Morse, Blaze Mullaly, Alexandra Nelson, Nathan Pepe, Lauren Peters, Hilary Pieper, Joelle Varner, Leah Vega, and Kenneth Weaver, all from Lansdale, were named to the University of Delaware's Dean's List for Fall 2012.