Man Nabbed for Alleged Theft of Wallet from Florida Woman
Joseph Robb, 53, was allegedly found in possession of the specific currency denominations, including two coins, that a Kissimmee, FL woman reported stolen from her purse while waiting at the Lansdale train station
A man with no fixed address, according to police, has been incarcerated following arraignment July 21 on receiving stolen property and drug charges stemming from an incident at the Lansdale train station.
Police said Joseph Douglas Robb, 53, was allegedly found in possession of $500 cash and coins reported stolen from a purse of a Kissimmee, FL woman who was waiting for a train at Lansdale train station.
Robb was also found in possession of a crack pipe, police said.
Robb was arraigned July 21 before District Judge Deborah Lukens on a misdemeanor charge of receiving stolen property, misdemeanor possession with intent to use drug paraphernalia and disorderly conduct, police said.
Bail was set at 10 percent of $5,000, which Robb did not post. He was taken to Montgomery County prison in lieu of bail, police said.
A preliminary hearing is set for August 23 before District Judge Harold Borek of Lansdale.
On July 21, at 3:15 p.m., a 54-year-old woman from Kissimmee, FL called Lansdale Police to report her wallet was stolen while waiting for the train at Lansdale station, police said.
The wallet contained about $500 cash, police said.
The victim told police she bought food at A Little Something Nice and left her carry bag containing her purse and her computer at her table inside the train station while she went to the bathroom, police said.
She returned from the bathroom and took her personal items outside with her to wait for the train, police said.
The victim noticed a man, identified as Robb, walking in her direction and allegedly holding a silver container that she recognized as belonging to her, police said.
She checked her bag and discovered her wallet with all her money was missing, police said.
Police said the description of the suspect matched the description of Robb, who officers found a short distance away.
Police said Robb had the number of specific currency denominations in his possession, along with two coins - one foreign - that matched the description given to police.
Robb, aka Joseph Chick and Joseph Cheech, has had 18 criminal cases filed in Montgomery County district courts since 1997, according to court records.
- In 1998, Robb pleaded guilty to simple assault. He was sentenced to nine months to 23 months in prison.
- In 1999, Robb pleaded gulty to simple assault. He was sentenced to six months to 23 months in prison.
- In 2000, Robb pleaded guilty to indecent assault without consent. He was sentenced to nine months to 23 months in prison.
- In 2001, Robb pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance and was put on one year probation.
- In 2005, Robb pleaded guilty to indecent assault with consent. He was sentenced to nine months to 23 months in prison.
- In 2008, Robb pleaded guilty to harassment. He was sentenced to 103 days to 3 months, 5 days in prison.
- In 2008, Robb pleaded guilty to retail theft.
- In 2009, Robb pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. He was given 90 days probation.
- In 2009, Robb pleaded guilty to simple assault. He was sentenced to 243 days to 23 months in prison.
- In 2009, Robb pleaded guilty to harassment. He was given one year probation.