Two House Fires Still Under Investigation in Montgomery Township
Director of Fire Services Rick Lesniak said the fire marshal's office is awaiting word from the insurance companies to release findings on possible causes from a house fire in January and a second in February
Sometimes, fire officials don't find the cause of house and business fires, such as the case with Lans-Bowl in Lansdale.
That isn't the case yet with two house fires from the early part of 2012 whose causes have yet to be determined: one that occurred January 9 and a second that occurred exactly a month later.
Montgomery Township Director of Fire Services Rick Lesniak told Montgomeryville-Lansdale Patch Monday night that the fire marshal's office investigation is complete, but is awaiting word from the insurance companies.
On Jan. 9, fire destroyed a home at 119 Bellows Way. It was the home of the Harris family. Joanne Harris is chair of the art department at North Penn High School.
The Harris home is currently being rebuilt.
On Feb. 9, a home on 20 Douglass Road went up in flames. It was the home of the Carlson family. Days later, residents of the neighborhood banded together for a fundraiser for the family.
Do You Want to Know More?
- Fire Engulfs Montgomery Township Home (video)
- Douglass Road, Bellows Way Fires Under Investigation
- FDMT Reaches Out To Community In Wake of Recent Fires
- Late Afternoon Fire Destroys Montgomeryville Home
- Community Raises $3,636 for Carlson Family
- Fire Relief Fund Set Up for Harris Family
- Bake Sale Raises $1,700 for Harris Family (video)