1. Today is the 17th annual North Penn United Way “Run for Your Neighbor” 5K Race and Family Fun Run to benefit the United Way. The event begins at 9 a.m. at Harleysville Insurance in Lower Salford. Check out www.npuw.org/5K for more.
2. After a great season full of festivals and excitement, the Lansdale Farmers’ Market comes to a close for the 2012 season today. The market is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Railroad Avenue.
3. North Montco Technical Career Center, 1265 Sumneytown Pike, Towamencin, holds an All-You-Can-Eat Pasta Dinner Fundraiser from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. The menu includes salad, pasta, garlic bread and desserts. Tickets are $10 for adults, $7.50 for seniors and children under 12.
4. Portolese Family Chiropractic, 490 Pennbrook Parkway, Lansdale, holds an open house today from noon to 3 p.m. Sample their services and enjoy food and drink.
5. The Singing Gourmets of Liberty Belles Chorus serve gourmet food and entertain at 6 p.m. at . Tickets are $20 a person. Enjoy a meal, including vegetarian options, along with games, prizes, raffles and live music.
6. Lower Salford Township and Towamencin Township holds their trick or treating tonight, due to debris and danger from Hurricane Sandy.
7. Live in Hatfield Township and have lots of branches to get rid of? Drop-off branches to the township public works garage between 8 a.m. and noon today. The garage is at 2590 Unionville Pike (at Richmond Road).
8. Montgomery Township holds a special tree waste drop-off collection today at William F. Maule Park at Windlestrae, off Kenas Road.
9. Morgan Log House holds a Colonial Bookbinding 101 Workshop at 10 a.m. Registration is required. Cost is $20 for non-members and $10 for members. Call 215-368-2480 for more information.
10. The Peace Project of Lansdale holds an International Peace Dinner at First Baptist Church this evening.