1. Today marks the 36th anniversary of the death of Montgomery Township Police Officer David Hancock, 41, who was murdered in 1976 at 3:40 a.m. on the property of the JCPenney Auto Center next to Montgomery Mall. The mall was set to open one month later. The suspect Larry J. Phillips, 19, of Philadelphia, was nabbed two days later and convicted in 1977. He serves a life sentence.
Thank you for your service, Officer Hancock.
2. Mater Dei Catholic School eighth-grade students will re-enact the Christmas Story at its annual Christmas pageant at 7 p.m. at St. Stanislaus Church.
3. The Lansdale Business Association holds its annual LBA Holiday Party from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the LBA Holiday Tree Display, 311 W. Main St., Lansdale.
4. Lansdale Library holds a blood pressure screening and hospice care information session from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Senior Helpers’ Services staff will check blood pressure for free, and Crossroads Hospice Care will have information available.
5. PennDOT, police and public safety partners will hold a press conference at 11 a.m. at the Montgomery County Courthouse, 2 East Airy St., Norristown, to highlight “Operation Safe Holiday,” an enforcement campaign that encourages safe driving.