Montgomery Township Police nabbed Cleveland Ford Jr. two weeks ago for his alleged role in the armed robbery of three LumenOptix employees on March 30, 2012.
Now, police said they have his alleged accomplice — Pau Chau, 25, of Philadelphia.
Chau was arrested by Montgomery Township Police on August 30 on the following charges:
- Felony Robbery - Threatening With Serious Bodily Injury
- Felony Conspiracy to Commit Robbery
- Felony Robbery - Taking Property By Force
- Felony Conspiracy to Commit Robbery - Taking Property By Force
- Felony First-Degree Aggravated Assault
- Felony Second-Degree Aggravated Assault
- Misdemeanor Simple Assault
- Misdemeanor Theft By Unlawful Taking
- Misdemeanor Receiving Stolen Property
- Misdemeanor Recklessly Endangering Another Person
- Midemeanor Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle
Chau was arraigned Aug. 30 before District Judge Andrea Duffy, who set bail at $100,000 cash, according to court records. Chau remains incarcerated at Montgomery County Prison in lieu of bail.
A preliminary hearing is set for Sept. 10 at 2 p.m. before Duffy.
According to court records, this is Chau's first and only criminal offense in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia.
Police said Chau and Ford Jr. were the two suspects who committed an armed robbery at LumenOptix at 203 Progress Drive in Montgomery Township.
On August 13, Montgomery Township Police Department arrested Ford, Jr., for similar charges in connection with the armed robbery.
Police said the robbery occurred a little before 6:20 a.m. on March 30.
Three employees arriving for work were approached by two unidentified male suspects dressed in dark clothing, police said.
There were no further descriptions of the suspects.
The suspects exited a small white vehicle, police said. As the suspects approached the employees, one brandished a handgun and demanded money from one of the employees, police said.
After receiving a small amount of cash from the victim, the suspects returned to the car and fled the scene, police said.
Do You Want to Know More?