Prism Brewing Co. in Upper Gwynedd—right on the edge of North Wales—is having a special kickoff for its Chemosabe brew at Becker's Corner in Quakertown.
Their toast—to 13-year-old Lansdale resident Matthew Knoebel, currently recovering from a bone marrow transplant, necessary for his battle with acute myeloid leukemia.
On May 1, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Becker's Corner will match each $10 cover charge, with all proceeds going to Knoebel and his family.
Each $10 per person charge includes a first glass of Chemosabe, a raffle basket ticket and a "surprise" item, according to Heather Rheaume of Prism Brewing.
Raffle tickets will be available for purchase at $1 each, according to a press release. Tickets can be purchased at Prism Brewing Co. and Becker's Corner, available through the end of May. All proceeds from raffles go to Knoebel's family.
Prism Brewing Co. is located at 810 Dickerson Road in Upper Gwynedd. Take Dickerson Road and cross over Wissahickon Avenue, go left and drive to the right behind the warehouse.
Becker's Corner is located at 110 Old Bethlehem Road in Quakertown.
Read more on Prism Beer:
- Jazz Night at Prism Brewery
- Two Local Breweries Nominated for Rising Star Award
- Covert Bacon Operation; Code Phrase: "The Pig Is In."
- A Beer Lover's Paradise
Read more on Knoebel and his family:
- North Penn PAL Fundraiser for Lansdale Leukemia Patient Gaining Speed
- UGFD Surprises Lansdale Teen With Donation
- Old Navy Sponsors Fundraiser for Lansdale Youth
- Community Supports Lansdale Youth at Bake Sale Fundraiser
- North Penn PAL Nears April 27 Fundraiser Spectacular