The Five Best Local Spots to Celebrate St. Patty's Day
- The Shanachie, 111 E. Butler Ave., Ambler. (215) 283-4887. The pub is located across from Ambler Theater. Check out www.shanachiepub.com for more information.
- The Sumney, 1610 West Point Pike, Upper Gwynedd. (215) 699-5693. “Great food,” said one reader. The American bistro with an Irish accent is open 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily, and lunch and dinner are served until 10 p.m. Check out www.thesumney.com for more information.
- Molly Maguire’s Pub, 329 W. Main St., Lansdale. (267) 263-2109. Today, the pub features its inaugural Get Lucky One Miler Run in Lansdale. Througout the day today, there will be Irish dancers, bagpipers and musicians. There is a $5 cover at the door after 3 p.m. Check out the website here and a story on the One Miler.
- Casey’s Saloon and Eatery, 210 S. Main St., Hatfield. (215) 368-8823. Check out its website here.
- Ristorante Toscano, 213 N. Broad St., Lansdale. (215) 362-8002. Celebrate St. Patty’s Day Italian style with Gnocchi Gnight. Featured are Irish tenor Mari O’Lanza and keyboardist Cal Wilson. Dinner includes $10 gnocchi entrees. Check out the website here.