The Genuardi's in Upper Gwynedd at West Point Pike/Church Road and Sumneytown Pike will officially cease business on June 28 at 6 p.m. and reopen as a Giant Food Store on July 8 at 8 a.m.
Today, Giant Food Stores, out of Carlisle, Pa., announced its schedule for converting 15 Philadelphia-area Genuardi’s stores to Giant stores.
The conversion will take place in three “phases,” the first of which will begin June 28. Five stores will close for ten days during each phase.
For pharmacy hours, see below.
According to a June 21 Giant press release, each store will receive an updated refrigeration system, better lighting and new signage — and each store will be “thoroughly cleaned and painted."
The in-store banks will be open during the renovations.
The complete list:
Phase 1 stores close June 28 at 6 p.m. and re-open July 8 at 8 a.m.
- 1375 Boot Road, West Chester
- 737 Huntingdon Pike, Huntingdon Valley
- 2395 York Road, Jamison
- 830 E. Baltimore Pike, Kennett Square
- 467 Sumneytown Pike, North Wales, PA
- Pharmacies will close at 6 p.m. on June 28 and will re-open at 1 p.m. on June 30
Phase 2 stores close July 5 at 6 p.m. and re-open July 15 at 8 a.m.
- 50 E. Wynnewood Road, Wynnewood, PA
- 1121 Bethlehem Pike, Spring House
- 950 Baltimore Pike, Springfield
- 310 S. Henderson Pike, King of Prussia
- 2350 Susquehanna Road, Roslyn
- Pharmacies will close at 6 p.m. July 5 and will re-open at 1 p.m. on July 7
Phase 3 stores close July 12 at 6 p.m. and re-open July 22 at 8 a.m.
- 1844 Bethlehem Pike, Flourtown
- 1925 Norristown Road, Maple Glen
- 168 N. Flowers Mill Road, Langhorne
- 4275 County Line Road, Chalfont
- 550 E. Lancaster Avenue, St. Davids
- Pharmacies will close at 6 p.m. July 12 and will re-open at 1 p.m. on July 14