1. Lansdale Business Association holds its first general membership meeting of 2013 at 8 a.m. at Lansdale Library, where there will be a workshop by Alvaina Peat called “Making Powerful Presentations.”
2. PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce holds a business card exchange at Lee Shelly Photography in North Wales from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Register at this link.
3. Join the book discussion group at 7 p.m. at Lansdale Library. This month’s selection is “The Devil in the White City” by Erik Larson.
4. Hickory Road in Plymouth Township will be closed between 6 p.m. and 7 a.m. Thursday, due to placement of concrete beams on an overhead structure.
5. Deadline is Jan. 14 for the Indian Valley Chamber of Commerce’s “Challenges and Successes … A Conversation,” a TEAMS Women’s Networking Group event, taking place Jan. 15 at Franconia Heritage Conference Center in Franconia. Cost is $20 for members, $25 for non-members. Reservations at 215-723-9472.