1. Today is the 60th-Annual Golf Outing at Commonwealth National Golf Club, 250 Babylon Road, Horsham. Lunch at 11:30 a.m., tee time at 12:30 p.m. Players will be treated to 18 holes of championship golf, inclusive of green fee, golf cart, use of driving range, use of locker room amenities, registration gift, deli board buffet lunch, on course beverages and snacks, buffet dinner and beer open bar. Cost is $175 per person. Register here.
2. holds a Drill in the Hood at 7 p.m. at on Upper State Road. FDMT, Volunteer Medical Service Corps, Montgomery Township Police and JeffStat helicopter are attending. Come out and view emergency and rescue apparati and personnel.
3. Montgomery Township Supervisors meet at 8 p.m. at the administration building at Stump and Horsham roads.
4. Here are some road projects that could affect traffic this week:
- New Britain Road will be closed between Sunset View Drive and Rolling Hill Boulevard in Doylestown Township from today to August 19. The posted detour will take motorists over Lower State Road, Wells Road and Turk Road. PennDOT's contractor will be restoring and resurfacing the pavement on the road.
- Work to complete the widening at the intersection of Route 202 (DeKalb Pike) and Route 63 (Welsh Road) in Montgomery County will result in lane closures on both roads approaching the intersection from today through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. In addition, nighttime paving at the intersection may cause slowdowns and brief stoppages from 8 p.m. each evening until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Ongoing installation of new traffic signal equipment may cause short-term lane closures at intersections along Route 202 (Butler Avenue/Doylestown Road) between Route 309 (Bethlehem Pike) in Montgomery Township and Pebble Hill Road in Doylestown Township today through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
5. A meets at 6:30 p.m. at