1. A FREE “horrific” art show called Tell-Tale Art (any Edgar Allan Poe fans out there?) is at Third and Walnut Bar from 6 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. The event features art from local artists, “dead” live music, performance art and more. There’s also a costume contest at 9 p.m. More info at www.facebook.com/Amy.Rims.Art.Page
2. Tonight is First Friday in Lansdale from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., featuring the third annual Lansdale Business Association Chili Cookoff, the second annual Scarecrow Contest, a performance from The PEAK Tappers and live music from Kick Back.
3. Montgomery County Community College will induct six individuals into its Alumni Hall of Fame tonight at 7 in the atrium of Parkhouse Hall, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell. Tickets are $35.
4. Lansdale Library holds a used book sale from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
5. PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce and McCloskey Partners LLC, 623 W. Market St., Perkasie, host “Best Practices in Human Resources,” from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at McCloskey Partners LLC. Cost is $125.