1. presents its spring performance of “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” at 7 p.m. Children will perform and sing in the show in the school gymnasium. For tickets, contact (215) 368-0995.
2. The Lansdale American Association of University Women and the Hatfield Women’s Civic Club holds their 37th-annual Vacation, Dinner and Entertainment Auction at 7 p.m. at Hatfield Fire Co., 75 N. Market St., Hatfield Borough. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. for the silent auction, with the live auction starting at 7 p.m. There are more than 200 items offered, such as gift cards and tickets. Admission donation is $2.
3. The of Montgomeryville, along with other Goddard Schools across the nation, will “Flip the Switch” today at 10 a.m. The schools will turn off any non-essential lighting for an hour. It is the culmination of the school’s “Stepping Up for the Environment” program that focused on creating awareness toward saving energy and the environment.
4. Today kicks off the Pennsylvania Bar Association Statewide Mock Trial Championships in Harrisburg. ’s mock trial team is one of 12 high school teams will compete in the event, with the winning team representing Pennsylvania in the national mock trial finals in New Mexico. North Penn beat Friends Central on March 13 to win the Montgomery County Regional Mock Trial Championship.
5. hosts its from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the cafeteria at the school at 698 Knapp Road, Lansdale. Attendees will enjoy dishes of macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes, rice, vegetables, cornbread, muffins and desserts. There will also be singing, a viewing of a wall of famous African Americans and learning the facts about civil rights. A quiz will be given at the end where people have a chance to win prizes. The date was chosen in honor of Henry “Box” Freedom, a 19th-century Virginia slave who escaped to freedom by arranging to have himself mailed to Philadelphia abolitionists in a wooden crate.