Monday, April 1, 2013
Reader Kat Courts posted the photo of the car fire in New Britain Township on Monday evening to the Lansdale Patch Facebook page.
This photo comes to us from Patch reader and Lansdale Patch Facebook follower Kat Courts. The car fire broke out shortly before dusk at Route 202 and County Line Road, near the Wawa, in New Britain Township. Black smoke filled the intersection as flames scorched the red SUV at the intersection. There were no injuries in the fire. Stay tuned for further developments.
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Rescue crews had to extricate trapped passengers from the car in Lower Gwynedd.
Five were injured in a crash which happened early Sunday morning along Route 202 at Swedesford Road. Crews had to rescue three trapped victims who were pinned inside a car. According to PennDOT alerts, the accident occurred around 1:17 a.m., closing down Route 202/Dekalb Pike. The road did not reopen until 4:54 a.m. FEMA's "Ready NotifyPA" alerts showed the road being closed from Hancock to Swedesford roads. ABC6 reports that four were injured in the two-car, head-on collision. Three were removed from the vehicle after 20 minutes of work by local firefighters. CBS reported that North Penn Volunteer Fire Company led the rescue efforts. One of the car's occupants had to be sent via helicopter to Abington Memorial Hospital in critical …
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Traffic on northbound Route 202 between Route 63 and Gwynmont Drive in Upper Gwynedd will be restricted between today and Monday, Aug. 27 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for gas valve replacement by PennDOT
1. Montgomery County Health Department will spray portions of Abington and Upper Dublin townships to control the adult mosquito population tonight between 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. 2. An amateur radio exam takes place at 7 p.m. at Lansdale Library. 3. Walter Trout & The Radicals perform blues rock at Sellersville Theater at 8 p.m., with special guest Rickity. Tickets are $25 and $40. 4. Traffic on northbound Route 202 between Route 63 and Gwynmont Drive in Upper Gwynedd will be restricted between today and Monday, Aug. 27 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for gas valve replacement by PennDOT. 5. It’s jazz night tonight and every Thursday night at Prism Brewery, 810 Dickerson Road, Upper Gwynedd, starting at 8 p.m.
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Anyone else hear and see that thunder and lightning early this morning?
1. Northbound Route 202 will be closed between Route 63/Welsh Road and Gwynmont Drive in Upper Gwynedd today through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a gas valve replacement by PECO Energy. 2. Lansdale Borough Council meets at 7 p.m. at Lansdale Borough Hall. 3. A business card exchange organized PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce takes place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at North Penn Art, 720 S. Broad St., Upper Gwynedd. 4. The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission will announce tonight the winners of its first “I Love Classic Towns” Photo Contest during a gallery show at Ambler Theater, 108 E. Butler Ave., Ambler, from 6 to 8. Awards announced at 7 p.m. 5. Electric guitarist Robben Ford performs at 8 p.m. at Sellersville Theater. Tickets …
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
PennDOT will be replacing a deteriorated drainage pipe across Route 202 in Montgomery Township between Grays Lane and Country Club Drive
Find a different way around Route 202 between Five Points and County Line Road Thursday. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation will close Route 202 between Grays Lane and Country Club Drive in Montgomery Township, near PineCrest Country Club, from 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. to replace a deteriorated drainage pipe. Route 202 traffic will be detoured over County Line Road and Upper State Road, according to PennDOT. Local access will be maintained up to the construction zone. PennDOT recommends allowing extra time to travel or finding an alternate route. The work will be performed by PennDOT Montgomery County Maintenance employees, according to PennDOT.
Monday, April 9, 2012
Make a survival strap today at Lansdale Library
1. Don’t forget about Tuesday night’s 311 W. Main Task Force meeting at the Lansdale Parks and Recreation building at 7 p.m. Citizens should attend to voice their desires and opinions on what should be in the former performing arts center. New task force consultant AMS Planning and Research will be running the meeting. 2. Montgomery County Community College’s Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence Dr. Jiaxi Xu will present a lecture “Culture in Ancient China” from 12:15 p.m. to 1:10 p.m. at the college’s Advanced Technology Center, Room 110, 340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell. The lecture is free to the public. 3. Make your own survival strap today at Lansdale Library at either 10:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. Learn how to make a survival wristband using parachute …
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Learn more about the Route 202 Parkway project at a Business News Network session this morning
1. Today is the first day of Spring Break for North Penn School District students. Students return to school Tuesday, April 10. 2. Melanie Safka performs tonight at 8 p.m. at Sellersvlle Theater. Tickets are $25 and $40. 3. Eric Fray, vice president with Michael Baker Jr. Inc., will provide an overview of the Route 202 Parkway Project and discuss planning for the roadway during a Business News Network by PennSuburban Chamber today at 8 a.m. at Normandy Farms Hotel, 1401 Morris Road, Blue Bell. Cost is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Breakfast included. 4. The Lansdale Library Used Book Sidewalk Sale starts today through April 10. A variety of books and movies will be available at low prices. 5. Amy Small-McKinney is the featured …
Sunday, November 13, 2011
PennDOT contractors working on Route 202 Parkway in Bucks and Montgomery counties
- THE NEIGHBORHOOD FILES
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Pickertown Road will close on Monday for about nine months, as PennDOT contractors work to finish the Route 202 Parkway. Pickertown Road will be closed and detoured between Stump and Upper State roads in Warrington Township for construction of a bridge over the Parkway, according to PennDOT. A detour will take motorists over Stump Road, Route 152 and Uper State Road, according to PennDOT. In addition, Bucks County motorists will encounter periodic lane closures Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the following locations: Lane closures will also occur on Upper Stte Road for widening the intersections of County Line Road, Route 152 and Bristol Road. Lane closures will be on Upper State Road for widening at the intersections of …
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Lane closures and new traffic patterns to last this week
Unless you like sitting in traffic, avoid Routes 202, 63 and County Line Road between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. this week. Route 202/DeKalb Pike will be restricted to single-lane patterns between Sumneytown Pike (at William Penn Inn) and Route 63/Welsh Road (at the Super Wawa) in Upper and Lower Gwynedd townships for utility relocaiton and sound wall construction. There will be periodic lane closures on Route 63/Welsh Road between Stump Road and Bell Run Boulevard for utilit relocation and road widening work. County Line Road will be reduced to a single lane between Stump Road and Upper State roads from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for drainage construction. Elsewhere, Route 152/Limekiln Pike will be a singel lane between Stump Road and Route 202/Butler …
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Road restrictions continue on Route 202, North Penn High School Theatre kicks off "The Sound of Music" and, oh yeah, more rain
1. North Penn High School’s Theatre Department premieres its spring musical “The Sound of Music” at 7:30 p.m. in the high school auditorium. 2. Taxpayers and citizens can talk with Superintendent Curt Dietrich during a community conversation tonight at 7 p.m. at the Educational Services Center. 3. Lane restrictions continue on Route 202/DeKalb Pike and Route 63 in Montgomery Township for utility relocations between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Restrictions are also happening on Route 202 between Sumneytown Pike and Bethlehem Pike, and on Route 63/Welsh Road between Stump Road and Bell Run Boulevard. 4. Lansdale Catholic JV boys’ baseball play Neumann-Goretti at Lansdale Catholic High School at 3:45 p.m., and Lansdale Catholic girls’ lacrosse play …