To all of those who believe in Harvey Dent and Gotham City, rejoice.
September 25 is National Comic Book day. This is a day for people of all ages to enjoy, since the first-ever comic book superhero made his first appearance in 1938. While some characters have new looks, and some of their storylines have changed completely, comic enthusiasts can still share their love of their favorite characters, old and new.
This geeky holiday is a great time for comic fans to honor their superhero, heroine or villain’s best stories.
Here's where to buy comic books in our area:
- The Comic Archive at Dresher Arcade in Lansdale, 319 W. Main St., Suite 6. The store specializes in old and classic comics. Check out their website at ComicArchive.biz or message them on their Facebook page. It is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. today.
- Royal Comics and Gaming is at 305 W. Main St., Lansdale. It specializes in new comics, as well as graphic novels, action figures, role playing gaming and more. It also specializes in custom ordering. Check out our article on them at this link.
- The Archive at 725 W. Second St., Lansdale, features everything and anything paper. It is also the home of the former Towamencin flea market that was located at Specht School on Forty Foot Road.
The Archive has a website at this link.
- Cyborg One is a renowned comic book and more store in Doylestown at 44 E. State St. Check out its website here.
- Lansdale Public Library stocks some graphic novels for checkout, including the manga “Maximum Ride” by James Patterson & NaRae Lee; “Green Arrow: Sounds of Violence” by Kevin Smith; “Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein” by Gary Reed; “DC: The New Frontier” Vol. Two by Darwyn Cooke; “Ultimate Fantastic Four” by Brian Michael Bendis; and Frank Miller’s “Sin City” series.
National Comic Book day is also a good precursor for the famous New York Comic Con. This year, it will be held during October 11-14 at the Jacob Javits Center, where heroes and villains will walk the streets of Gotham.
TELL US: Who is your favorite comic book character? Also, upload photos of your personal comic book collection.