North Penn School District is currently accepting resumes to fill a vacancy on the district's school board.
Steve Hladik, who has served since December of 2003, resigned effective June 27. The board has 30 days to select a replacement and appoint a candidate.
The term for the vacated position is until December 2015.
“As a school director, the selected individual will work collaboratively with the Board and NPSD personnel to assess the community’s needs and aspirations and develop an educational program that will continue the North Penn School District’s vision of becoming the leading school district in Pennsylvania. Board members receive no compensation for their commitment of time and energy; it is purely on a volunteer basis,” an announcement from the district said.
If you’re interested in applying, you’ll need to submit a letter of interest, resume, completed state ethics form and answers to five questions by noon on July 7.
The five questions are:
- How long have you lived in North Penn?
- What is your current occupation?
- Do you have any relatives or family working for North Penn School District?
- Do you have children attending school in the North Penn School District, if so what schools and grades?
- Why are you interested in serving on the North Penn School Board?
Completed applications should be sent to Stephen Skrocki, NPSD Board Secretary, 401 E. Hancock St., Lansdale, PA 19446.