1. “The Polar Express” by Chris Van Allsburg will be read by The Conductor tonight at Lansdale Library at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $1 and available at the library. The movie will be shown following the reading at 7:30 p.m.
2. The Archive Books and Collectibles, 725 W. Second St., Lansdale, holds a holiday shopping extravaganza tonight from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. All regular-priced books are half off. Twenty percent off everything else, excluding coins. There’s also a giant live alligator and Alf. Additional vendors and refreshments too.
3. Santa Claus is at the Santa House in Lansdale from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
4. There’s a PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce women’s network luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at William Penn Inn, 1017 DeKalb Pike, Lower Gwynedd. Members are $35 and nonmembers are $40.
5. Register by today for the Indian Valley Chamber of Commerce’s TEAMS women’s network group on Dec. 18 at 11:30 a.m. at Franconia Heritage Banquet and Conference Center. Cost is $20 for members and $25 for nonmembers. Reservations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 215-723-9472 or fax 215-723-2490.