Can the act of buying coffee change the world? Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz thinks so, and he wants to give free coffee to his customers to promote good will.
From Wednesday through Friday, Starbucks will give a free tall brewed coffee to anyone who buys a beverage for someone else.
- Starbucks, 884 West Main St., Lansdale, (215) 412-3158
- Starbucks, Montgomery Mall, (215) 412-2852
- Starbucks, 738 Bethlehem Pike, Montgomery Township, (215) 631-1781
- Starbucks, 271 DeKalb Pike, Montgomery Township, (215) 699-4127
- Starbucks, 4275 County Line Road, New Britain Township, (215) 997-2883.
In a message on the chain’s website, Schultz explains the effort is an attempt to help the country come together during the government shutdown and the looming debate over raising the debt ceiling.
“I’ve said before that we have a responsibility as well as an opportunity not to be bystanders, but to act in ways that contribute to the vibrancy of the communities where we live and work,” said Schultz in his statement.