1. North Penn School District hosts a community forum on school safety from 6:45 p.m. to 8 p.m. at North Penn High School in Towamencin. Because of the recent tragedy at Sandy Hook, the issue of school safety is heightened bother nationally and locally. The panel discussion will feature Superintendent Dr. Curtis Dietrich and district Coordinator of Safe Schools Ray Wilson, along with members of the district Safe Schools Committee and representatives from behavioral health agencies.
2. Lansdale Democratic Committee meets at 7:30 p.m. in the Wissahickon Park Building at East Main Street and Lakeview Drive, Lansdale. The agenda includes 2013 elections for Lansdale council, mayor and tax collector, a party for volunteers in February and recruiting a volunteer coordinator.
3. Lansdale native Samantha Burke, a junior cognitive and linguistics sciences and German Studies major at Wellesley College, is one of 40 Albright Fellows who will begin today a three-week session in the 2013 Madeline Korbel Albright Institute for Global Affairs class. The Fellows will learn the expertise and perspectives of faculty and thought leaders in a wide variety of disciplines.
4. A Sculpt and Define co-ed exercise class for ages 16 and up begins tonight at 6:30 at the Upper Gwynedd Community Center, 1 Parkside Place, Upper Gwynedd. Fee is $48 for Monday and Wednesday sessions, or $24 for Monday or Wednesday sessions.
A Zumba class for ages 16 to adult begins tonight at 7:30 at Upper Gwynedd Community Center. Cost is $53 for Monday and Wednesday classes, or $27 for Monday or Wednesday classes.
Both programs are a partnership between Upper Gwynedd and Hatfield townships.
5. A Magician’s Club meets at Lansdale Library at 6:15 p.m.